Monday, August 27, 2012

DAP-day 3

We had our DAP appointment where we are given the referral for our child.  We did come here with the hope of adopting a specific child, but children are not placed on hold in this country.  So, at any time someone else could have adopted her.  Imagine the relief and joy we felt when a photo of our "V" was handed to us at our appointment!!

We had the same woman working that we had last time and I got to try out my new Russian phrase "It is nice to see you again!".  The appointment was pretty quick.

Of course, with us, nothing can be too easy.  There is a complication.  It might cause a delay of a day or two.  It *could* cause bigger issues than that, but we are very hopeful that it won't.  We will not know for at least several days what the situation will be.  We did have a few delays last time that we should not have this time.  So even if there is a little delay we should fall in the same timeline. I hope so anyway.  Please keep your fingers crossed for us that this goes smoothly.

After DAP we did some sight seeing and had a great afternoon with some other families that are over here.  We got to do even more than we did last time because of the weather difference. It rained this morning, but stopped early.  It gave the day a nice,cool,.fall like feel.  We ate a delicious dinner at the ******** buffet.  Man, I missed this food!!

Tomorrow we are going to the US Embassy so Dale can sign some forms since he won't be coming back on the second trip.  We will also pick up our referral and then board a train to our girl's region.  I will try to update before we get on the train.  

I am missing my other kids so badly already. I am worried I am going to have a come apart before it is all said and done.I talked to them on Skype yesterday, but I have not seen them yet. They have not been near our home computer with the camera when I have called. I need to lay eyes on them soon.  I am also getting really antsy to be in region with V.  So close to that, at least.

OK enough of me whining. Dale and I really are enjoying ourselves.  It is just hard to be away from our children. I have never been away from Seamus or Eva Marina before either. I know we have at least 2.5 more weeks before we can come home for a few days, which just seems like eternity right now.

But it will be worth it.  And once we are home-we are ALL home.  One day at a time.

Ending on an upnote-check out the awesome pictures of our day!











Check out Eva's Marina's Adoption Day 3

5 comments:

  1. Your babies will be in good hands... I will do my utmost best to be a great "aunt" to them. I will be flooding your email so tell me to stop when you get tired of updates. I will keep a hold on posts. I won't make anything public....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your babies will be in good hands... I will do my utmost best to be a great "aunt" to them. I will be flooding your email so tell me to stop when you get tired of updates. I will keep a hold on posts. I won't make anything public....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel "homesick" seeing all of this. Godspeed - I hope the threat of any delays turns out to be nothing at all. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy yourself mama and try not to stress to much! praying for no serious delays and can.not.wait to hear when you see V for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait until you are ALL home too! Your precious children at home will be fine! Try to enjoy your trip as much as you can! Can't wait to hear how your first meeting with V goes!

    ReplyDelete