Wednesday, September 5, 2012

day 12

The visits are going really well.  V is always so happy to see us.  Again, though, she was upset when it was time to go.  We also had a short visit today because we had to do more paper chasing.  But, I am so thankful for how well the visits are going.  Our relationship to her is the most important thing right now. And that is going beautifully.  It is just hard knowing it will be another 2 weeks before court.

Things at home are not going smoothly either.  Last time it was much simpler. It is hard being pulled into so many directions.  But, it will all be worth it when we are home for good.  And I am sure we will all have grown tremendously as people when we get to the other side of this.  I keep telling myself that anway!

Dale's ticket is booked and he will be home on Saturday.  I will be here until court. Knowing that I have more in front of me than I have behind me is daunting.  But, again, eyes on the prize.  All my children will be home by mid October.  That is not so far away.

Dale and I are trying to enjoy his last few days together here.  The stress of the kids at home was getting to us and we were not able to relax and enjoy at all.  But we are making a concerted effort today and tomorrow. Who knows when we will be alone again. Probably another 12 years!

Hope for Sharon and Mayah day 12

I have been lazy about pictures so here are a whole bunch-















2 comments:

  1. Hey sweet mama, this is Angie. I don't have much in the way of funds, but I would be more than happy to come over and clean house for y'all, or tend your garden, or cook some meals.
    I don't comment much, but I follow your updates religiously, and am so proud to know you and the admirable woman you have become. I also know you well enough to know that you will poo poo the fact that you are admirable, but I know few people with the fortitude it takes to go through this, TWICE, the way that you and Dale have. I love y'all like thunder. Please let me help in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there -
    so I noticed in your pictures that you and your husband are pretty heavily tattooed. My husband and I are also, and we are planning to travel this winter to adopt two Ukrainian beauties with special needs. Our facilitator has indicated to us to keep covered around the kiddos (and obviously at court) since tattoos are not very common in UA, which probably won't be a problem during a Ukrainian winter, but I was just curious of your experience with this?
    Thanks, and thanks for sharing your story. Can't wait for you to get this princess HOME!

    ReplyDelete