Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 13

We had a great visit today!!  When we got to the orphanage we heard accordion music playing.  We tried to hide behind a wall and watch, but V spotted us very quickly.  She came running and hugged us, but then the nannies told us to sit and watch.  The accordion player kept playing while the children danced.  It was adorable.

Then the music stopped and they did some gym class.  Watching them was wonderful! V was so excited to finally have someone there to watch her and applaud her!  All the other children were clamoring for our attention. After so much time with these kids, between the two adoptions, I feel very close to them.  I ache for them to find families of their own. A few of them, especially, just make me crumble inside.  The ones who come up and hug us, talk to us, hold our hands.  They are all precious, and they need to know it.

I did take a few pictures and some video, but our batteries died after just a few! I was so upset!  So, I don't have very many pictures today.

After gym class, V led us off to where we usually sit and have a snack.  V has food issue for sure.  I have been told, and read, repeatedly that hunger trauma is one of the hardest issues for children to get over.  She is  obsessed with food.  Even if she doesn't want to eat something, she wants to know it is there. Same with water.  She just clings to the bottle we bring her even though she always sucks down a juice when we get there.

I don't know if I have mentioned, but she also has some scars on her cheek that look just like fingernail marks. It kills me that she has been hurt.  To know it is a possibility is one thing, to see the marks are another.

But, she is still such a cuddlebug.  She melts into me. I just love her.  I can't wait to get her home.  And she can't wait to get home.

We are still stuck in the cycle of not really having any news about timelines.  Hopefully I won't be over here too much longer after Dale goes home.  I miss the kids at home so badly.  Have I mentioned that enough times yet? I did get to skype with them yesterday and that was really awesome.  Glad they will at least have Daddy home soon.

I will try to update tomorrow, but Dale will be leaving so it might be later.  Promise to keep you posted quickly though!






MAMA GOT ANOTHER BOUQUET!! :)




1 comment:

  1. Oh Kate...I'm here at work with tears streaming down my eyes! I am so happy for you guys and heart broken about the other kids, sad that Dale has to leave, but thrilled your family will be all together soon. Hang in there mama...you are doing fabulous! Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete