Monday, September 17, 2012

DAY 24-no court date

I can't believe I am even writing a blog post for day 24.  I have been on pins and needles all day long waiting for the phone to ring.  It just did and here is the update I just got at 4:45.  They couldn't talk to the judge today.  They will try again tomorrow.  So, definitely no court tomorrow, but they are still HOPING FOR SOMETIME THIS WEEK.  Which means there is a chance it might not be this week.

She also said to try not to think about the fact that I should have gone home with Dale because what is done is done. I am here now and I just have to wait.  Yes, I see that.

And another lesson learned is to stop getting my hopes up and looking to certain dates with anticipation.  Possible dates mean nothing. And even firm dates are often moved at the last minute.  So I need to just not get my hopes up until court is over and done. 

In light of my last post I am going to leave it at that. But, I'll just say I am not doing too well.

And todays visit was hard again.  Although she did go on and on about wanting an American name and saying the name over and over.  That was sweet.

I just read an article about leaning into the pain and the hard times.  No worries there.  I am the leaning tower of Odessa at the moment.  Don't have any distractions from it.  Can't run away from it. No matter how badly I want to.

2 comments: